Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What exactly was I thinking?

So my mother has owned a brother KH-930e electronic knitting machine since we were very young. She had it out for a while but at some point it just wasn't getting used so it got packed up and like most things in our house shuffled around aimlessly for the next oh say 15 years.

Several years ago I got this wonderful idea to get out the knitting machine. Mind you at this time I didn't knit at all which really didn't help the process. So I pulled it all out and set it all up and by some small miracle got it working without a manual or much help. By yet another miracle during this time setting it up and playing with it I didn't manage to break anything, which as I am learning now really is incredibly easy to do. But after only being able to produce rectangular pieces of fabric and those without proper cast offs my interest in the machine dwindled and it got packed up and shuffled about a bit more.

After these adventures I have since picked up hand knitting in ernest and was at some point struck by one of those ideas that seems brilliant right up until the point of execution. I was going to resurrect the knitting machine. So I hauled out all the pieces I could find and once more started trying to tame the beast that is the knitting machine without a manual (which mind you makes it about a thousand times more difficult). At the recommendation of my sisters, here you will find my adventures with the knitting machine. Here you will find what works, what doesn't, and exactly how frustrating and cool these machines can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment